Singular-plural question paper:
Section A: Singular or Plural?
Instructions: For each sentence, choose the correct form of the noun (singular or plural) to complete the sentence.
- The __ of these rare birds is impressive.
- a) flock
- b) flocks
- His vast collection of antique cars includes several __.
- a) Mercedes
- b) Mercede
- The committee has two __ in its leadership.
- a) chairpersons
- b) chairmen
- Many __ of this ancient civilization still remain a mystery.
- a) artifact
- b) artifacts
- The __ between the two countries has been tense for years.
- a) diplomacy
- b) diplomacies
- These __ are known for their incredible speed.
- a) cheetah
- b) cheetahs
- The __ on the wall have been beautifully painted.
- a) fresco
- b) frescoes
- The __ of this species are found only in a few remote locations.
- a) specimen
- b) specimens
- Many __ in this forest have been discovered by scientists.
- a) species
- b) specie
- She bought three __ and planted them in her garden.
- a) hyacinth
- b) hyacinths
Section B: Noun Transformation
Instructions: Rewrite each sentence, changing the nouns to their plural form where necessary.
- The old book is on the shelf.
- My mother-in-law is coming for dinner.
- The child loves to play in the sandbox.
- The volcano erupted last year.
- She wore a beautiful dress to the party.
Section C: Sentence Completion
Instructions: Complete each sentence with the correct form (singular or plural) of the noun in brackets.
- The __ (deer) grazed peacefully in the meadow.
- The __ (child) in the class received a gold star.
- He owns a fleet of __ (ship) that sail around the world.
- The __ (mouse) ran across the kitchen floor.
- These __ (tooth) need to be examined by a dentist.
Section D: Fill in the Blanks
Instructions: Fill in the blanks with the correct singular or plural form of the noun in parentheses.
- The __ (leaf) fell gently from the tree.
- The __ (goose) honked loudly as it flew overhead.
- There are many __ (child) at the playground.
- She collected several __ (seashell) on the beach.
- The __ (wolf) howled at the moon.
Section E: Identify the Error
Instructions: In each sentence, identify the noun that is in the incorrect form (singular or plural) and provide the correct form.
- The dogs barks loudly in the yard. (Incorrect: _____ / Correct: ________ )
- These information is valuable. (Incorrect: _______ / Correct: _______ )
- The company needs to hire new staffs. (Incorrect: _____________ / Correct: __________ )
- Her hairs are naturally curly. (Incorrect: _________ / Correct: _________ )
- Three fishes are swimming in the pond. (Incorrect: _______ / Correct: ________ )