- cd – This command is used to change directory. Syntax : cd directory
- mkdir – This command is used to make or create new directory. Syntax : mkdir directory
- rmdir – This command is used to remove or delete directory. Syntax : rmdir directory
- pwd– This command is used to print working (current) directory. Syntax : pwd
- cat – This is used to display file contents . Syntax : cat filename
- cp – This command is used to copy file from a particular source to destination. Syntax : cp source destination
- mv – This command is used to move or rename files. Sysntax : mv oldname newname
- rm – This command is used to remove file. Syntax : rm filename
- pico – This command is used to create or modify file . Syntax : pico filename
Unix shell is command line interpreter. It processes one command or group of commands on command line when clicking Enter button.
There are several UNIX shell programs families. . The most important are the Bash shell, the Korn shell, and the TC shell. The shell families were developed for different purposes.
To create a UNIX script , use VI editor
Shell script begins with (#!) . #!/bin/ksh at the begining is used to invoke Korn Shell