Weekly Current Affairs Quiz: 3 May to 9 May 2021 for Competitive Exams
Mayflower 400 is the world’s first Artificial Intelligence Ship, built by a team of researchers from the marine research organization ProMare in collaboration with IBM. It is an unmanned 15-m-long trimaran that weighs nine tons and is a completely autonomous ship. The ship is set to sail on a transatlantic voyage. It will track aquatic mammals, analyze plastic in the water and study marine pollution.
IDBI strategic disinvestment
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs on May 5, 2021 gave its approval for the strategic disinvestment and transfer of management control in IDBI Bank Ltd. The cabinet was chaired by Narendra Modi.
Sauropods fossil in Meghalaya
The researchers have identified the fossil bone fragments of the long-necked dinosaurs, known as Sauropods from an area around West Khasi Hill Districts in Meghalaya. The fossil dates back to about 100-million years.
NASA’s Parker Solar Probe
NASA’s Parker Solar Probe, during a brief swing by Venus in July 2020, detected a natural radio signal from Venus’ atmosphere. The Parker Solar Probe was launched in 2018 as a solar mission to analyze the Sun.
Oldest human burial in Kenya, Africa
Archaeologists have discovered the oldest human burial in Africa that dates back to 78,000 years at a cave site called Panga ya Saidi near the Kenyan coast. The remains belong to a 2-3 years old toddler who looks to have been laid to rest with a pillow.
Current Affairs Quiz
1. What is the name of the world’s first Artificial Intelligence ship?
a) Sunflower 40
b) Earth 2030
c) Mayflower 400
d) Seafarer 66
2. Cabinet has given its approval for strategic disinvestment in which bank?
3. Former Lok Sabha MP and Union Minister Ajit Singh passed away in the morning on May 6, 2021 at the age of 86. He was the chief of which among the following parties?
4. Former Union Minister and Governor Jagmohan passed away on May 3, 2021. He had served as the Governor of which state for two terms?
d) None of the Above
5. India has launched a comprehensive partnership on migration and mobility with which nation?
6. Who has been appointed as the deputy governor of RBI?
a) TN Rao
b) T Rabi Sankar
c) Venugopal Menon
d) Shashi Iyer
7. The President of which African nation has declared a state of emergency?
8. Researchers have discovered 100 million-year-old bones of Sauropods in which Indian state?
b) Andhra Pradesh
9. NASA’s Parker Solar Probe has detected Natural Radio Emission from which planet’s Atmosphere?
10. The US FDA is likely to authorise which vaccine for young adults aged above 12 years?
11. Which nation’s cricket team has become the top-ranked ODI team in the world?
c) New Zealand
d) None of the Above
12. The oldest human burial site has been discovered in which country?